Tuesday, June 21, 2011

This and that

Today it's pouring rain - the streets and sidewalks are flooded. I mean flooded. It's like walking in a (shallow) river and the cars splash water with no consideration. If this continues during the night I don't even know if I can go to work tomorrow.

One thing that has struck me here is that the bus drivers are very passenger-friendly: if someone comes running they always wait or even stop and open the doors again. Bus drivers in Brussels should come here and study this best practice.

Today's pictures have nothing at all to do with the above text - my apologies for this.

Here you can see you UB is growing: the ger districts are expanding up the surrounding hills. Click on the picture to enlarge it so that you can see the gers properly!









Just an urban sunset.













A door in need of being repainted can also be beautiful.















No comments:

Post a Comment