Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Less and more

This week there are some visitors from United States who do activities with the orphanage kids, so I was supposed to change my schedule and teach in the afternoon instead of in the morning. But yesterday when I arrived after lunch, after hurrying through the most horrible traffic jams, the games & fun were still going on, and the kids were definitely not in the mood for a lesson with serious Annette :-)  The American ladies told me that they will play with the children until 3 pm, so it really isn't possible to have English lessons with them this week. I must admit that I was a little disappointed.

But even before this reduction in workload I had asked Projects Abroad for more work, so today I started at Golden Bridge Language Institute, where I will give individual tutoring and teach summer & intensive courses for a couple of weeks.





This is one of my students, a bright 18-year old who is already fluent in Chinese and very good at English too.












The other day Odnoo and me had an early evening beer on the terrace of a nice pub downtown. Just before leaving we went to wash our hands. The waiter thought we had run away from the bill, so he had rushed out in the street to catch us :-)))  There was much surprise and laughter among the staff as we appeared and asked to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment