Saturday, June 25, 2011

Music

We have had big internet problems lately, I suppose due to the rain, so I have been a little out of touch the last couple of days. Now everything seems to be sorted out.

As I woke up this morning I heard some nice music from outside my window: there was a boy playing the horse-headed fiddle.

















The children in the orphanage were playing outdoors in the sandpit the other day. They seemed to enjoy themselves immensely (and they became very dirty), but for some reason my camera only caught thoughtful faces:




























A few days ago I got a very unexpected question indeed: would I like to learn a traditional Mongolian song and sing it together with another foreigner and a folk ensemble on television? Sometimes I'm just too spontaneous - I said yes. The filming started today and will take quite a lot of time the coming days. The song is difficult - this may end up embarrassing.


No comments:

Post a Comment