Monday, May 2, 2011

Roadblock

This morning I was supposed to start teaching. However, for reasons beyond my control, as it were, this didn't happen. I told you: in Mongolia, expect the unexpected. So I asked if I could be with the small children this morning too, and of course I could. I think I will be in the orphanage tomorrow too, but I'm not 100 % sure ...

On my way home I came across something very unexpected indeed: a ger under construction was blocking the sidewalk!! As you can see, many more gers had already been set up in the adjacent big parking lot - don't ask me why. Maybe I will know tomorrow.



This gives you an excellent opportunity to see how a ger is built. The greyish cover is made of felt. The door always faces south.
Construction material.













And some furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment