Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Boxer

Who would believe that we had a snowstorm just the day before yesterday?? Now it seems that not only spring but summer is suddenly here!

I had very nice lunch in an Italian-inspired restaurant downtown with Sezin, who is the UN resident coordinator in Mongolia. On my way to the restaurant the bus (which I had waited for for ages) broke down after having made very strange sounds. The driver very courageously got out and tried to fix it, but I decided not to wait for the uncertain outcome of his mechanical intervention and hurried through the university quarters on foot. It was graduation day for many students, and friends and relatives were waiting with flowers and gifts.

It seems I'm doing many things for the first time here in UB. On Friday evening I went to karaoke for the first time in my life. This was not my initiative, but an event organised by Projects Abroad. I wasn't the only beginner present, but I was the only beginner who sang (well, tried to sing ...) a song. I chose The Boxer by Simon & Garfunkel, a song that I love. Here it is, luckily for you not sung by me but by them: Simon & Garfunkel: The Boxer

Sayo is an exceptionally good amateur, she sings difficult Whitney Houston songs like Whitney herself. Not only does she sing in tune, she sings with emotion. It's great to listen to her.

Happy singers.









Zoloo and Sayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment