Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No ger today

The gers I wrote about yesterday were all mysteriously gone this morning. No trace of them at all. If I hadn't had my pictures as proof that they really had been there I might have started doubting that I had actually seen them.

On Saturday, the Dream Discovery Academy is organizing a fundraising walk, one in the UK and one here in UB. I went with Zulaa and Bolormaa today to distribute some flyers in some expat hangouts, and people seemed interested. Unfortunately the weather forecast isn't very promising, but it might change for the better. The funds we hope to raise will go the the four-day camp we are planning for mid-June for children from the poor areas in UB.

The walk will start from Sukhbaatar Square in the very center of UB and go to the Zaisan memorial, a monument which I will tell you more about another day!

The Government Palace in Sukhbaatar Square. The big statue in the middle is - guess who? Chingghis Khaan, of course!









For those of you who live in Belgium, a cultural event is upcoming, I saw the other day on the UB Post website: seminar in Antwerp.


No comments:

Post a Comment