Thursday, May 12, 2011

Scrabble on a rug

During lunch today I had a great time playing some games with three of the orphanage kids that come to my English class. In the first game, played with dice, they said the numbers in English and I said them in Mongolian. The second game was a pedagogical kind of Scrabble, and they did really well saying the letters correctly in English. Their English was a lot better there sitting on the rug than in the classroom, so if possible, I will try to have some of the lessons in a more informal setting.

In the afternoon I met my conversation class medical doctors for the first time. They are three ladies who seem extremely motivated to improve their already good English. Their first homework is to make a summary of the burning issues in Mongolian politics.


No comments:

Post a Comment